02 November 2011

Where did I stopped?

Update Nov 2011
Have not been updating this blog due to my busy schedules. I have been following the Betta scene and occasionally go scooping and revisiting my old friends around the region. The plan that I have is to catch the Gladiator but it would be some time as this requires flying time and getting a 4x4 SUV. Part of my spare time is collecting wild orchids and staghorn ferns.

My recent visit was somewhere in Panti forest to see Betta Stigmosus. Unfortunately did not catch any. Will update as I find time. This hobby is interesting as my Wildbetta SUV is currently 4.5 years old clocking 185000km. Age is getting a toll on the SUV. Replaced the airconditioning condenser unit and my radiator. This SUV takes all the beating from the off road driving condition but I loved this car. It has the comfort and the speed not to mention getting 10km to a litre of petrol on this fellow. At 4.5 years old, it went through 2 sets of tyre changed, 2 timing belt overhaul and a windscreen change. Other than these mentioned, this car is practically trouble free.

I wish KIA would give me another test vehicle to try out. For jungle movement, the Toyota Rush will make a better SUV due to its slim size, easy to maneuver. My SUV is a bit broad causing scratched on my 2 side doors.

Some pictures of Stigmosus habitat




















1 comment:

Elias said...

just found this blog as I'm new to wild betta.. read all the ventures and exotic trips and beautiful betta.. hope despite busy schedule, this beautiful blog continues.. great work !!